Welcome to CAFCON, please read the following rules and regulations.
By attending CAFCON you agree to the following:
- CAFCON, CAFCON Games, CAFCON Activities, CAFCON Cares, and CAFCON Events may contain adult content. Parents of children under the age of 18, please be advised that the convention is intended for adults 18 and over; CAFCON is not responsible for what your child may hear or see at this adult-oriented event.
- All children under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times.
- All CAFCON attendees are responsible for their own person and property; CAFCON is not responsible for any personal harm or lost or damaged property.
- All who attend CAFCON agree to letting CAFCON use their image or likeness for advertisement of CAFCON.
- No weapons of any kind are permitted; only blunted props are allowed.
- No mind-altering substances (illegal drugs, alcohol etc.) are allowed at CAFCON or on CAFCON grounds.
- CAFCON reserves the right to refuse service to any who attend.
- Failure to follow the rules and regulations of CAFCON or the venue locale may result in ejection from the facility without warning and/or refund.
- CAFCON, CAFCON Games, CAFCON Activities, CAFCON Cares, and CAFCON Events are to be considered tentative and subject to change without notice.
- All CAFCON ticket sales are non-refundable.
- Please be respectful to other patrons and staff. Staff are happy to help if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you and please enjoy CAFCON!
Glory awaits! Game On!
CAFCON Player's guide
Definition: “Player” is defined an individual who is an active participant in an assigned game.
Player responsibilities and expectations: By voluntarily agreeing to participate in a game as a Player, you acknowledge and agree to the following:
- Players are expected to be at their assigned game table on time and ready to play. If tardy, it shall be at the discretion of the GM as to whether you are permitted to participate.
- Players will acknowledge that the GM is the sole and final judge and arbiter of all game rules, disagreements, disputes, and decisions.
- Players are expected to provide any equipment that might be reasonably needed for game participation (e.g. dice, pen/pencil, paper, reference books, calculator, customizable card deck, etc.).
- Players are expected to maintain appropriate conduct during official game play. Expectations include, but are not limited to:
- Players shall wear their official CAFCON badges at all times.
- Being courteous and respectful to all CAFCON players, game masters, observers, volunteers and staff. This also extends to all non-CAFCON venue guests and staff.
- Following all CAFCON rules and regulations.
- Following all venue policies and rules.
- Following any and all local, state, and federal laws.
- Bringing any non-game questions or concerns to a CAFCON team member.
CAFCON GAMEMASTER'S GUIDE
Definition: “GM” or “Game Master” is defined as any assigned individual(s) who acts as an organizer, officiant for questions regarding rules, arbitrator, and moderator for a multiplayer game (whether roleplay game, tabletop board game, card game, or any variant thereof).
This role may be also known by other titles, such as: ‘DM’, ‘Dungeon Master’, ‘Referee’, ‘Moderator‘, ‘Judge’, ‘Mod’, ‘Storyteller’, ‘Wizard’, ‘Keeper’, etc…
The GM is free to ignore the rules as needed. The GM can modify, remove, or create entirely new rules in order to fit the rules to the current game. This includes situations where the rules do not readily apply, making it necessary to improvise.
Note: If the game in question is a tabletop board or card game with well-defined and published rules of play (such as a printed rule book), any changes to the rules should be announced in advanced of start of play (for example, if playing Axis & Allies and the GM wishes to include special “house rules” that are not found in the official rule book, those changes should be announced in advance of start of play and the GM should make sure all players understand the rule changes).
Within the scope of an assigned game, the GM has FINAL authority. If there are disputes between players, with regards to said game, the GM is the sole and final arbiter.
GM responsibilities and expectations: By voluntarily participating as a CAFCON Game Master, you acknowledge and agree to the following:
- The GM is responsible for being at their assigned game table on time and ready to play.
- The GM is responsible for ensuring the assigned games (whether roleplay, card, or board game) can be reasonably completed within their allotted time frame.
- The GM is ultimately responsible for being prepared for their game. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Being fully familiar and understanding the rules of the game to which they are running.
- Having pre-generated characters (if being utilized) created in advance.
- Having any references and equipment (such a dice, counters, cards, props, etc…) on-hand and readily available.
- If a tabletop board or card game, the GM is responsible for bringing the game itself (for example, if running a game of Settlers of Catan, the GM is responsible for providing that game, including any and all necessary materials).
- Note: CAFCON is not responsible for providing game materials.
- The GM is responsible for making sure that all players at their table have official CAFCON player/attendee badges.
- If any players at the table are not wearing an official CAFCON badge, they cannot play.
- If necessary, politely refer the individual to a CAFCON team-member for further assistance.
- The GM is expected to maintain appropriate conduct during official gameplay. Please keep in mind that the GM (whether staff or volunteer) not only represents themselves, but CAFCON as well. Expectations include, but are not limited to:
- GM’s are expected to wear their official CAFCON badges at all time.
- Being courteous and respectful to all CAFCON players, observers, volunteers and staff.
- Being courteous and respectful to all non-CAFCON hotel and/or venue guests and staff.
- Portraying CAFCON in a positive manner.
- Following all CAFCON rules and regulations.
- Resolving disputes among players amicably, courteously, and respectfully.
- Bringing any non-game questions or concerns to a CAFCON team member (we are here to help).
CAFCON is an open and equal opportunity convention
CAFCON welcomes gamers of ALL kinds (regardless of race, color, creed, gender, orientation, gender identity, disability, economic status, or national origin).
Children under 18 permitted with parent or legal guardian.